By Tony Weaver,Andrew Ingram
The waters off South Africa’s beach are considered as the most harmful on the earth. unexpected adjustments in climate, rip currents and freak waves all play their half in placing people in danger, which occasionally results in tragedy. regardless of the chance, even if, the courageous volunteers of the nationwide Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) are constantly keen to possibility their lives to avoid wasting others. commencing, frequently in soiled climate and in darkish and icy stipulations, they do their utmost to deliver sufferers again effectively. Into a Raging Sea is a set of bold rescues full of drama and threat. From burning ships to shark encounters and sinking trawlers, those are the tales of man’s consistent conflict with the sea.
Read Online or Download Into a Raging Sea: Great South African Rescues PDF
Similar disaster relief books
In a well timed publication with a robust and persuasive message, Dr. Harold G. Koenig addresses federal, country, and native executive coverage leaders, urging them to extra totally combine non secular enterprises into the formal catastrophe reaction procedure, and he then offers tips on how this may successfully be performed.
‘Dry warmth and sizzling, dry winds labored upon a land already dry, to suck from it the final, least drop of moisture. males who had lived their lives within the bush went their methods within the shadow of dread expectancy. yet even though they felt the imminence of threat they can now not inform that it was once to be a ways more than they can think.
NAMED the best BOOKS OF THE 12 months via MEN’S magazine • In the culture of Sebastian Junger’s the proper hurricane and Robert Kurson’s Shadow Divers comes a real and heartbreaking story of braveness, tough judgements, and supreme sacrifice. at the Burning facet, by way of award-winning journalist and previous wildland firefighter Kyle Dickman, is the definitive account of the Yarnell Hill fireplace.
Firefighters and primary responders are the spine of the United States serving in 32,000 departments commonly as volunteers. Older than the US itself, firefighters and primary responders have secure us from all types of catastrophe, yet have been missed for years via executive in any respect degrees. Awakening the sound asleep huge through Congressman/Fire leader Curt Weldon files the planned method over 30 years to politically wake up and empower those heroes - a strategy that may be utilized by any staff in the US looking extra admire and popularity.
- Narratives of Crisis: Telling Stories of Ruin and Renewal (High Reliability and Crisis Management)
- Resilience: Stories of Courage and Survival in Aviation Disasters
- Humanitarian Intelligence: A Practitioner's Guide to Crisis Analysis and Project Design (Security and Professional Intelligence Education Series)
- Deep Field: Dispatches from the Frontlines of Aid Relief, from Pakistan to Kazan, the Punjab to the Pacific
- Hazard Mitigation and Preparedness: An Introductory Text for Emergency Management and Planning Professionals, Second Edition
- Barriers to Integrating Crisis Standards of Care Principles into International Disaster Response Plans: Workshop Summary
Extra resources for Into a Raging Sea: Great South African Rescues