By D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault
Developments within the thought and perform of Cybercartography—awarded an Honorable point out in Earth technological know-how on the organization of yank Publishers' 2015 PROSE Awards—examines a few of the contemporary advancements within the idea and perform of cybercartography and the monstrous adjustments that have taken position because the first variation released in 2005. It maintains to check the key parts of cybercartography and emphasizes the significance of interplay among conception and perform in constructing a paradigm which strikes past the idea that of Geographic info platforms (GIS) and Geographical info technological know-how.
Cybercartography is a brand new paradigm for maps and mapping within the details period. outlined as "the association, presentation, research and verbal exchange of spatially referenced details on a wide selection of themes of curiosity to society," cybercartography is gifted in an interactive, dynamic, multisensory structure with using multimedia and multimodal interfaces.
The seven significant components of cybercartography defined within the first version were supplemented by means of six key rules and the definition of cybercartography has been prolonged and accelerated. the hot perform of mapping conventional wisdom in partnership with indigenous humans has ended in new theoretical figuring out in addition to leading edge cybercartographic atlases. that includes greater than ninety% new and revised content material, this quantity is due to the a multidisciplinary staff attempt and has benefited from the enter of companions from govt, and aboriginal non-governmental agencies.
- Honorable point out within the the 2015 PROSE Awards in Earth Science from the organization of yank Publishers
- Highlights the connection among cybercartography and significant geography
- Incorporates a number of new cybercartographic atlases produced in cooperation with Inuit and primary international locations groups
- Showcases felony, moral, consent and coverage implications of mapping neighborhood and standard wisdom
- Features an interactive significant other site containing hyperlinks to comparable websites, extra colour pictures and illustrations, plus very important details to trap the dynamic and interactive parts of cybercartography: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780444627131/
Read or Download Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series) PDF
Best earth sciences books
This ebook tells the tale of the province’s geology and the background of its dwelling creatures. the 1st version of Geology of British Columbia,, with its available yet rigorous technology, struck a chord with readers. because it was once first released, theories approximately plate tectonics and the geological heritage of British Columbia have developed, and this new version displays the present considering.
Knowledgeable evaluate of modern growth within the examine of turbulent flows with a spotlight on lately pointed out equipped structures. This ebook stories the hot development within the research of the turbulent flows that sculpt the Earth’s floor, focusing in specific at the geared up constructions which were pointed out in recent times inside turbulent flows.
Studying neighbourly relatives in multicultural societies, this ebook develops an idea of excellent neighbourhood and argues that cultural capital in quite a few kinds is the picking variable in construction good-neighbourly kinfolk. This paintings breaks new floor by means of delivering a conceptual integration of alternative, at the same time interdependent varieties of capital: intercultural capital, pass- cultural social capital and multicultural capital.
The urge for neighborhood id has no longer declined within the means of globalization. relatively, background is used to boost nearby area of expertise and to cost identities with a earlier. fairly precious for this objective are construction tales, Golden a while or fresh, shared traumas. a few topics akin to the Roman period or the second one global struggle look more uncomplicated to acceptable than, for instance, prehistory.
- Remote Sensing of the African Seas
- The Early Earth: Accretion and Differentiation (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- GIS Fundamentals, Second Edition
- Topological Data Structures for Surfaces: An Introduction to Geographical Information Science
- Principles of Precambrian Geology
- Advances in Geophysics: Index for Volumes 1-41: 42
Additional info for Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series)