By Michaela Haas,His Holiness the Karmapa
The girls featured in Dakini Power—contemporary academics of Tibetan Buddhism, either Asians and Westerners, who educate within the West—have been universally well-known as comprehensive practitioners and exceptional academics whose existence tales reveal their massive decision and bravado. assembly them during this ebook, readers should be encouraged to permit move of outdated fears, discover new paths, and lead the lives they envision.
Featured the following are:
• Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche (This worthwhile Life)
• Dagmola Sakya (Princess within the Land of Snows)
• Jetsun Tenzin Palmo (Diane Perry) (Into the guts of Life)
• Pema Chödrön (Deirdre Blomfield-Brown) (When issues Fall Apart; Start the place You Are)
• Khandro Tsering Chödron (most general to readers because the overdue aunt of Sogyal Rinpoche, writer of The Tibetan publication of dwelling and Dying)
• Thubten Chodron (Cherry Greene) (Buddhism for Beginners; Taming the Mind)
• Karma Lekshe Tsomo (Patricia Zenn) (Buddhism via American Women’s Eyes)
• Chagdud Khadro (Jane Dedman) (P’howa Commentary; Life with regards to Death)
• Sangye Khandro (Nanci homosexual Gustafson) (Meditation, Transformation, and Dream Yoga)
• Roshi Joan Halifax (Being with Dying)
• Lama Tsultrim Allione (Joan Rousmanière Ewing) (Women of knowledge; Feeding Your Demons)
• Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyel (The strength of an Open Question)
Read Online or Download Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the W est PDF
Best buddhism books
In sturdy electorate, Thich Nhat Hanh lays out the basis for a global cohesion move in accordance with a shared experience of compassion, conscious intake, and correct motion. Following those rules, he believes, is the trail to global peace. The e-book relies on our elevated international interconnectedness and next want for harmonious communique and a shared ethic to make our more and more globalized global a extra peaceable position.
Discover ways to use your later years for awakening and non secular progress. Encouraging, inspiring, and useful, The Grace in getting older invitations all those that have ever skilled non secular longing to evoke of their twilight years. on the grounds that getting older, in and of itself, doesn't bring about religious adulthood, The Grace in getting older indicates and explores reasons and stipulations that we will create in our lives, simply as we live them, to permit awakening to spread -- reworking the predictable sufferings of getting older into profound possibilities for progress in readability, love, compassion, and peace.
The idea upsetting writings provided during this ebook have been initially released within the Scott Shaw Zen web publication five. zero. those writings talk about the realities of existence, god, Zen, enlightenment, paintings, cinema, and life within the method basically Scott Shaw can current, permitting the reader to return to new understandings approximately existence, interpersonal relationships, and spirituality.
Meister Dōgens Shōbōgenzō ist eine der wichtigsten und tiefgründigsten Schriften des Zen und sicher auch des gesamten Buddhismus. Zudem ist es zweifellos das philosophisch am besten begründete Werk, das je von einem Zen-Meister geschrieben wurde. Es wurde von Meister Dōgen in der Zeit von 1231 bis 1253 erarbeitet und ist die Aufzeichnung seiner tiefen Erfahrung und deren sprachliche Formulierung.
- The Specter of Speciesism: Buddhist and Christian Views of Animals (AAR Academy Series)
- Eminent Buddhist Women
- Buddhism and Law: An Introduction
- Zen Buddhism and Environmental Ethics (Ashgate World Philosophies Series)
- The Wisdom of Imperfection: The Challenge of Individuation in Buddhist Life
- Wie Siddhartha zum Buddha wurde: Eine Einführung in den Buddhismus (German Edition)
Additional info for Dakini Power: Twelve Extraordinary Women Shaping the Transmission of Tibetan Buddhism in the W est