By Hugh Clout
This e-book presents a cohesive set of study statements on serious similar matters in British rural geography, in addition to echoing the priorities pointed out via an influential determine in British rural geography, Richard Munton. This e-book demonstrates that the agricultural international should be visible in a much wider point of view than that of agriculture/ foodstuff creation, to be able to understand how assets are being appraised and exploited in new methods, and to reply to the urgent demanding situations of sustainability for the a long time forward.
Chapters undertake a time point of view to discover a sequence of key issues:
- the upward thrust of productivist farming
- ways of conceptualising agricultural change
- the evolution of landownership and estate rights
- rural and concrete agendas for nature conservation
- the hole among coverage and motion for sustainable improvement.
The ultimate set of chapters is dedicated to policy-related matters linked to agricultural swap and the profound problem of rural diversification for the longer term. The final bankruptcy lines the famous profession of Richard Munton.