By Bruce D. Epperson
utilizing modern journal articles, executive studies, and archival fabric from lobbying teams and nationwide biking corporations, this e-book tells the tale of the way the United States grew to become a kingdom of bicyclists with out bikeways.
Read or Download Bicycles in American Highway Planning: The Critical Years of Policy-Making, 1969–1991 PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
Weather switch is an international challenge, however the challenge starts off in the community. towns eat seventy five% of the world's power and emit eighty% of the world's greenhouse gases. altering the best way we construct and function our towns could have significant results on greenhouse fuel emissions. thankfully, groups around the U. S. are responding to the weather swap challenge by way of planning that investigate their contribution to greenhouse gasoline emissions and specify activities they're going to take to lessen those emissions.
OECD's Territorial assessment of Toronto, Canada. It unearths that the Toronto sector is without doubt one of the leader fiscal powerhouses of Canada, producing virtually one-fifth of nationwide GDP and forty five% of Ontario’s GDP. The quarter is domestic to forty% of Canada’s enterprise headquarters and is a prime production hub, with significant automobile, biomedical and electronics businesses.
'Trading quarter' is an idea brought by way of Peter Galison in his social medical learn on how scientists representing diversified sub-cultures and paradigms were in a position to coordinate their interplay in the neighborhood. during this ebook, Italian and Finnish making plans researchers expand using the concept that to varied contexts of city making plans and administration, the place there's a want for brand new rules and instruments in dealing with the interplay of other stakeholders.
Turning out to be neighborhood economies, empowering groups, revitalizing downtowns, constructing entrepreneurship, development management, and embellishing nonprofits — you could in attaining these kinds of advantages and extra with a entire and strategic revitalization plan. Chronicling the fight of neighborhood revitalization as organizers movement from trial and blunder to potent revitalization suggestions, selling Sustainable neighborhood and neighborhood fiscal improvement files the present transformation in group revitalization from market-based incentives to combined concepts of public quarter studying, partnerships, and group ability.
- Public Policymaking in Hong Kong: Civic Engagement and State-Society Relations in a Semi-Democracy (Comparative Development and Policy in Asia)
- Sites of Governance: Multilevel Governance and Policy Making in Canada's Big Cities (Fields of Governance: Policy Making in Canadian Municipalities)
- GDF - Green Density Factor and GCF - Green Cooling Factor: A specific calculation method to integrate green roofs, green facades and their evapotranspiration ... Beiträge aus dem Tectum-Verlag Book 3)
- Europe Rehoused (Studies in International Planning History)
- Der Dreiklang der Eigentümermobilisierung: Kommunikative Strategien zur Revitalisierung innerstädtischer Quartiere (Quartiersforschung) (German Edition)
Extra info for Bicycles in American Highway Planning: The Critical Years of Policy-Making, 1969–1991